If you are interested and would like to come for a free trial or want more information, please email email@example.com
The Master section of the Club was started in 2004 and is a friendly and sociable group, catering for adult swimmers of 18 years of age and over from the recreational swimmer to those who want to participate in competitive events.
Pam and Jayne, our coaches, provide a tailored training programme catering for a wide range of ability and oversee the swimming in each lane.
Training is given in a friendly, supportive atmosphere and members vary in age, ability and commitment. The Masters also like to enjoy themselves and organise social events during the year.
The Club is affiliated to Gloucester County Association, Swim England South West and Swim England: www.swimming.org/swimengland (the national governing body for swimming clubs in England).
In recognition of the high standard the governance and effectiveness of the club, it has been awarded SwimMark accreditation – Swim England’s quality standard for swimming clubs.
Who is Masters swimming for?
Masters swimming is for anyone over the age of 18 years old who wants to swim regularly with likeminded adults in a structured environment.
All Masters Swimmers have one thing in common – they want to swim and swim regularly.
You do not have to be an expert swimmer or take part in competitions. Being a Masters swimmer simply means that you enjoy taking part in adult swimming and like to set your own individual goals. Whether you’re joining in for the camaraderie or wanting to race against the best, Masters swimming has something for everyone.
Do Cinderford & District Swimming Club Masters Swim Competitively?
Yes they do but this is not compulsory – Everyone has his/her reason for swimming, health, general fitness, camaraderie, just for fun. How far you go is up to you. A major survey of British Masters swimmers showed that the majority of them rarely complete.
Masters Events are a special class of competitive swimming:
- You can start to swim in Masters Competitions from the age of 18 years old, and you will be classed as a senior swimmer until you reach the age of 25-years-old.
- Masters Open Meets are for entry on an individual basis by swimmers. They compete within age groups 25-29, 30-34 and so on.
- Our club Championships are an annual competition for all our swimmers, Masters are welcome to take part whatever their ability, it is held towards the end of the year and followed by a presentation evening.
Kit require for all Masters
- Swim hat – you will need to wear club hats at all competitions – Purchased from the club reception.
- Water bottles – All swimmers must always have a drink (non fizzy) on poolside
- Goggles – it’s always worth having a spare.
- Training Fins.
- Snorkels – optional
- Club polo Shirts – should be worn during competitions.
Other merchandise available to purchase, if desired:
- Club Hoodies
- Club Sports Bags
Please see Club Kit page for more information on how to order
For more information on Masters in general please visit the Swim England Masters website link below